During this podcast I reflect on some areas of the tradition that I’ve been researching over the course of the past year, and I provide some news and updates about important developments that have taken place in the field of traditional astrology in the past few months.
This is a solo show with no guests.
I touch on the following topics during the course of the 75 minute show:
- The death of astrologer Alan White. For the previous interview I did with Alan last year see this page. There is also a memorial page set up on the Solsticepoint website.
- The AFA conference on traditional astrology that took place in September.
- My work in reconstructing the original Hellenistic aspect doctrine.
- Some issues with the four elements and the temperament theory.
- A research project I did this summer on the Ruler or Master of the Nativity.
- A lecture on the history of astrology that I’m giving in San Francisco next week.
- Thinking about moving off of BlogTalkRadio and soliciting advice from listeners regarding podcasting.
Download or Stream the Podcast
You can either download the show as an MP3 or play it directly from the website by using the buttons below:
During this show I interviewed astrologer Alan White, a hard talking ex-special forces Vietnam veteran, who has brought his unique perspective to the field of astrology for several decades now.
In the mid-90’s Alan became interested in Hellenistic astrology, and subsequently became an associate of Project Hindsight. Since then he has shared his no-nonsense approach to astrology with a variety of different audiences, including speaking positions at the Northwest Astrological Conference and the United Astrological Conference.
During the show I asked Alan some questions about how he got into astrology, what he thinks some of his most important personal insights into the subject are, and there was also some discussion about how to view certain facets of modern astrology within a traditional context.